ANDREA TOMBA – DRIVER, LOGISTICS & TEAM MANAGER
Born in Sweden and brought up by Italian parents and a French educational system before going to University in London, England, to study business, Andrea has quite a varied background.
After some time in the world of real estate and trading in England, Andrea moved to la Paz in 1994 and set up a successful diving and water sports center, following his passion for SCUBA as a PADI Master Instructor, and Spearfishing Free diving. Andrea hosted several world class events, including Spearfishing World Cups and guided several trips landing World Record fish.
However, although drawn to the Sea, Andrea quickly became enticed by the locals love for off-road racing. That love lead to Andrea owning his first race car in 1996, a Class 9 Buggy, after which he moved up to Class 7, driving for the TECATE Off Road Racing Team, and later moved up to Full Size pick ups, Class 8 Open, where Andrea still competes.
Some of Andrea’s credentials are:
- 2015 Class 1 Southern Baja Off Road Series Champion
- 2014 47th Edition SCORE Baja 1000 Trophy Spec. Runner Up
- 2014 Class 8 Open Southern Baja Off Road Series Runner Up
- 2013 Class 8 Open Southern Baja Off Road Series Runner Up
- 2012 Class 8 Open Southern Baja Off Road Series Champion
- 2012 45th Edition SCORE Baja 1000 Class 5 Open Winner.
- 2011 Class 8 Open Pro Baja Off Road Series Champion
- 2010 Class 8 Open Pro Baja Off Road Series Champion
- 2010 Class 8 Open Mar de Cortes Short Course Champion
- 2010 Class 6 Pro Baja Off Road Series Runner Up
- 2009 Class 8 Open Pro Baja Off Road Series Champion
- 2008 Class 6 Pro Baja Off Road Series Champion
- 2007 Class 8 Open Pro Baja Off Road Series Runner Up
Andrea has owned his own adventure and charter company as well as running southern operations for Wide Open Baja, culminating in deciding that No Limits Baja would be the vehicle which would allow Sandy and him to embrace all the varied Baja experiences to best pass on to Baja lovers to etch their own Baja adventures!