The DOMINATOR was originally built by JIMCO for John Harrah of SPEED TECHNOLOGIES with all the best options available to the Off Road industry at the time. Since TANOM RACING purchased the car in 2014, several improvements were made and it has proven to be a great, reliable and fairly easy race car to maintain. The Viper motor offers great power and torque; however the lower RPM range has definitely been noticed in the good condition of the motor.
The Albins 5 speed sequential with torque converter has also been trouble free.
We also changed all of the shocks to FOX, and suspension set up, giving her a lower and more stable ride height. She still offers an incredible ride in bigger woops, especially thanks to the 39”tires and extra weight, in addition to the TT style front end and big components all around.
We won the 2015 Championship in her, and are currently in the lead with one race to go. She is very solid, and a lot of fun to drive, and has a max speed of approximately 125MPH.
The cost for the above would be:
- US$50,000 for the 5 race DESERT season. If not participating in first race in January, the cost is US$40,000 for 4 Desert Races
- US$2,000 prep fee per race, and you provide the parts and materials that are necessary.
- You are responsible for all of your additional race costs, such a fuel, registration, licenses, crew expenses, lodging, food and drinks etc. Estimates provided upon request.
- We expect to have the cars returned in the condition in which we leased them to you at the end of the season.
This package includes:
- Pit support by following vehicles: A box van, a F350 and a F250, with radios etc.
- A pre-runner: Either a caged 4 door F150 with H&M front suspension and a leaf spring in the rear, or a three seater 4 linked Bronco with I beam front suspension (2 WD). Once you tell us which vehicle you want, it would be set aside for your exclusive use for the duration of the season.
- Full race prep.
- Race Logistics and local hotel reservations made for you etc.
- Support and chase crew
- We will pre-run the course prior to your arrival, already plotting GPS trail, as well as marking waypoints, dangers etc.
The DOMINATOR is also available for the 2017, 50th Anniversary Score Baja 1000, either wholly or in partnership with the experienced TANOM Racing drivers, Sandy Hall & Andrea Tomba and their crew.
ABOUT THE JIMCO DOMINATOR
In brief, THE DOMINATOR is one bad ass Class 1 “buggy” built by JIMCO. Mike Julson wanted to design a non-fixed rear end car that could hold its own with the mighty Trophy Trucks of the Desert. It originally came with an innovative Plunging Axle design. Unfortunately, this caused quite a few complications. The No Limits crew had to redesign the system to solid axles, plunging CVs and the car has now proven to be a very solid and competitive car, but most of all, bundles of fun, especially with its V10 motor!
Weight: 5300 lbs
Wheel: base 125”
Track: width 92”
Front suspension FOX 3.5 by-pass shocks and FOX 2.5 Coil Overs deliver 26” of travel:
Rear suspension FOX 4.4 by-pass shocks and 3.0 Coil Over shocks deliver 27” of travel:
Engine: DODGE Viper V10 700hp built by EXOTIC MOTORS
Transmission: ALBINS sequential 5 speed with torque converter
Lights VISION X– 8” HIDs, 22 inch Led bar, and 6.7” HIDs with an in-cab adjustable light bar:
Filters: K&N Race Filters
Batteries: Dual OPTIMA Red Top Batteries
Fuel Cell: Custom 80 gallons
Steering: Howe Truggy rack
Tires: BFGoodrich 39×13.50×17 KR
Brakes: 14 ALCON 6 pistons
Wheels: KMC bead locks
Seats MASTERCRAFT 5G with electric adjustment
Radios: PCI RACE RADIOS Kenwood 110W with Intercom
Navigation: Two Lowrance GPS by PCI Race Radios
Tool Bags: ProRace
Ignition: MOTEC ignition and data logging sys with 8 stack
Hubs: PRO-AM rear and front
Body: custom fiberglass body with carbon fiber custom graphics and paint .